What Is a Concrete Moisture Meter?
A concrete moisture meter is a handheld tool, usually with a digital readout, used for measuring the amount of
water present in concrete, usually in building construction to test concrete floor slabs. Surface meters can
measure the moisture content in a concrete slab without any need for drilling holes in the slab.
Concrete slabs, as they dry and cure, do not lose moisture evenly. They dry from the surface down, meaning
that at any given time after pouring, the surface will have less moisture than the interior, and the most
will be at the bottom of the slab. This process of drying stops when the slab is covered, usually by flooring, but
even a coating of urethane directly on the concrete itself will halt the loss of moisture. After the slab is
covered, the moisture equilibrates, which means that the moisture spreads out evenly. An equilibrated slab will
have an even moisture content from top to bottom.
FAQ on Concrete Moisture Meter
1.Why do the measurement results of moisture meters differ from different manufactures and of different
Different test object, different temperatures and different regions influence electric parameters to a great
extent, and most of the miniature meters can not offer corrections on test object and humidity. Instead, they
can only be based on a certain test object and humidity. Different bases of different meters will certainly lead
to difference in measurement results.
2. Does insufficient electric quantity of a battery influence the measurement result?
When the battery voltage is smaller than the rated voltage by 70~80%, a smaller measurement result will be
displayed. For example, if the measured result is 14% under the rated voltage, then, the reading for the same
object might be 11% or less, if the voltage is smaller than the rated voltage by 70%. When the low voltage
symbol appears, it indicates insufficient electric quantity. Although the meter can work, the displayed reading is
not accurate any longer, and replacement is necessary to guarantee the accuracy of the measurement.
Learn more about our Concrete Moisture Meter
- Working Principle Of IP Grade Waterproof Test E...
- How To Save Energy And Save Electricity From Th...
- Energy Saving Control Of Constant Temperature A...
- What Are The Textile Machinery And Equipment
- IP Protection Grade Test
- The Importance Of The Waterproof Test Equipment
- Thrust Test Probe Parameters And Methods Of Use
- Application Of Soil Sensor
- What Are The Testing Items For The Plug And Soc...
- How To Choose The Correct Fuse For The Tester
- How To Use A Test Impact Sphere Ball
- The Features Of Soil Moisture And Temperature S...
- Instructions On How To Install A Glow Wire Tester
- IP (INGRESS PROTECTION)
- CHINESE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL
- Salt Spray Corrosion Simulation
- IEC61032 Test Probe Category
- Glow Wire Flammability Test
- SHENZHEN BONAD 2018 Mid Autumn Festival And Nat...
- Future Development Trend Of Instrument Industry